Who We Are
SWIC Welcomes Kristy Duncan, LPC, M.Ed.
Kristy Duncan is a Licensed Professional Counselor. She hold the Master of Education degree (Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC). She has many years experience as a guidance counselor in the public school system, and as a Child Grief specialist in independent practice. As a graduate assistant at Winthrop University Kristy worked in the placement office helping undergraduates identify and secure placement in career-track employment.
Following the birth of her three children, and their beginning elementary school, Kristy elected to re-fire her career by affiliating with SWIC. Kristy, her husband Tom and George are longtime friends. She brings skills and expertise that complement George's. They make a strong team, working with high school students to find the right college at the right price, and to graduate on time with the right degree.
Kristy is married to Tom Duncan, a Senior Associate with Boykin Management Company. Residing in Cornlius, NC, the Duncans have three wonderful children and a great dog.
Dr. George Gately performs an uncommon service with unparalleled devotion from an unusual background. Personal experiences fire his passion to help others manage the financial challenges associated with college costs and retirement funding. Coaching families to achieve greater financial efficiency without interfering in current lifestyle choices is his forté.
Dr. Gately offers public service seminars:
- The Right College--the Right Price--Graduate On Time with the Right Degree©
- Keys to College Affordability
- Answering the Four Toughest Financial Questions
- Circle Talk -- Understanding Losses You Can Avoid
- The Personal Economic Model©
- 1975 - 2000 a successful pastor and church planter
- 2001 - present at Succeed Where It Counts, Inc.
- BA English University of Texas at El Paso
- Master of Divinity Nazarene Theological Seminary (Kansas City)
- Doctor of Ministry Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary (Charlotte)
- Certified College Advocate
- Circle of Wealth® Master Mentor
- Insurance--life, Medicare Supplement, disability, long-term care
- Ordained Protestant Minister
- National College Advocacy Group (President 2016-2019)
- Men's Group leader for Journey Church, Huntersville, NC
- USSF State Referee Emeritus and State Assessor
- NISOA Referee (retired) and Assessor
- Community Pregnancy Center of Lake Norman
- Married to wonderful Nancy; following a fabulous marriage to Jeannie until her death (2/4/2014)
- Two children & eight grandchildren
- Pet (rescued dog), Wally (RIP 12/22/2017); Molly a "wide-open" Rhodesian Ridgeback; born sometime during 2017.