Who We Are
J. George Gately
George performs an uncommon service with unparalleled devotion from an unusual background. Personal experiences fire his passion to help others manage the financial challenges associated with college costs and retirement funding. Coaching families to achieve greater financial efficiency without interfering in current lifestyle choices is his forté.
George offers public service seminars:
- The Right College--the Right Price--Graduate On Time with the Right Degree©
- Keys to College Affordability
- Answering the Four Toughest Financial Questions
- Circle Talk -- Understanding Losses You Can Avoid
- The Personal Economic Model©
- 1975 - 2000 a successful pastor and church planter
- 2001 - present at Succeed Where It Counts, Inc.
- BA English University of Texas at El Paso
- Master of Divinity Nazarene Theological Seminary (Kansas City)
- Doctor of Ministry Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary (Charlotte)
- Certified College Advocate
- Circle of Wealth® Master Mentor
- Insurance--life, Medicare Supplement, disability, long-term care
- Ordained Protestant Minister
- NCAG, Inc. (President 2016-2019)
- Men's Group leader for Journey Church, Huntersville, NC
- USSF State Referee (ret.) Regional Referee Coach, Field Training Instructor
- NISOA Referee (ret.)
- Community Pregnancy Center of Lake Norman
- Lake Norman Humane Society
- Married to wonderful Nancy; following a fabulous marriage to Jeannie until her death (2/4/2014)
- Two children & eight grandchildren
- Pet (rescued dog), Wally (RIP 12/22/2017); Molly a "wide-open" Rhodesian Ridgeback; born sometime during 2017.
Hannah M. Stoffel
Hannah handles marketing and social media for Succeed Where It Counts. She is George's daughter, and a business owner in her own right [www.hannahstoffel.com].
Kristy Duncan, LPC, M.Ed.
Kristy Duncan is a Licensed Professional Counselor. She hold the Master of Education degree (Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC). She has many years experience as a guidance counselor in the public school system, and as a Child Grief specialist in independent practice. As a graduate assistant at Winthrop University Kristy worked in the placement office helping undergraduates identify and secure placement in career-track employment.