It's the time of year to complete FAFSA! (FREE Application for Federal Student Aid) We have included a few guidelines to keep in mind:
1. The FAFSA must be completed every year. If you are already a student in college don't forget to complete the form for the upcoming year.
2. You don't have to wait until you file your taxes to complete FAFSA. It is wise to complete FAFSA as early as possible as financial awards are often given on a first come first serve basis. Use last year's tax return to complete the form. You can always make corrections at a later date if needed.
3. Every student preparing for college should complete the FAFSA regardless of their family's income level. Don't make the mistake of thinking your family's income level is too high. Financial aid can be awarded based on many different factors including number of children in college. Also, in many cases colleges will not give merit based awards unless the student has completed the FAFSA.
4. Perhaps one of the most important things to remember is the FAFSA is always free to complete. If you find yourself at a website asking for money in order to complete the form then you are not at the official FAFSA website.
Completing the FAFSA is an important step in your journey to college. Having problems completing FAFSA? Are you still not sure where to begin? We offer a one-on-one consulting session at no cost to you. Contact us today.
Hannah, Director of Student Services
- Why do colleges "Wait List" some students and what to do if you're on the wait list
- Is There a Scholarship Awarded With Your Letter of Acceptance?
- Is Test Optional Permanent?
- Is Community College a good option after high school?
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Part 2
- Home Schooling and College Admissions
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- High School Seniors Win $14million in Scholarships -- true or false?
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 4
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 3
- #acttestoptional #acttestprep #collegeplanning #collegeplanning #sat/acttest #sat/acttesting #collegeplanninglkn #collegescholarships #collegewaitlist #communitycollege #financialaid #financialaidoffer #howtohandlecollegewaitlist #howtopayforcollege #howtostudyforsat/acttest #istestoptionalpermanent #payingforcollege #sattestoptional #sattestprep #satacttestprep #studyforact #studyforsat #waitlist 4th of July; Independence; Freedom 529 Plan apply to college with confidence Best Colleges Campus visits career college college admissions for homeschool students college application essay college of choice college planning college planning company college planning lake norman college planning strategies college scholarships collegeacceptanceletter colleges Cost of College Cost of College; College Affordability; essay writing