It's the time of year to complete FAFSA! (FREE Application for Federal Student Aid) We have included a few guidelines to keep in mind:
1. The FAFSA must be completed every year. If you are already a student in college don't forget to complete the form for the upcoming year.
2. You don't have to wait until you file your taxes to complete FAFSA. It is wise to complete FAFSA as early as possible as financial awards are often given on a first come first serve basis. Use last year's tax return to complete the form. You can always make corrections at a later date if needed.
3. Every student preparing for college should complete the FAFSA regardless of their family's income level. Don't make the mistake of thinking your family's income level is too high. Financial aid can be awarded based on many different factors including number of children in college. Also, in many cases colleges will not give merit based awards unless the student has completed the FAFSA.
4. Perhaps one of the most important things to remember is the FAFSA is always free to complete. If you find yourself at a website asking for money in order to complete the form then you are not at the official FAFSA website.
Completing the FAFSA is an important step in your journey to college. Having problems completing FAFSA? Are you still not sure where to begin? We offer a one-on-one consulting session at no cost to you. Contact us today.
Hannah, Director of Student Services
- The Best Way to Pay for College
- What Every Parent and Student Needs to Know About FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- How Much is a College Education Going to Cost You, Really?
- Navigating the Pathways of College Admissions and Financial Aid in 2021
- Merry Christmas! Your Child and the Christmas Child
- 8 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Completing FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Gear Up, Tenth Graders
- Apply for Fall, Get Spring Semester. Why do colleges send "Spring Semester Acceptance" letters?
- Why do colleges "Wait List" some students and what to do if you're on the wait list
- Is There a Scholarship Awarded With Your Letter of Acceptance?
- #acttestoptional #acttestprep #applyingforcollege #applyingforfinancialaid #applyingtocollege #collegeapplications #collegeplanning #collegeplanning #sat/acttest #sat/acttesting #collegeplanninglkn #collegeplanningtimeline #collegescholarships #collegewaitlist #communitycollege #fafsa #financialaid #financialaidoffer #howtohandlecollegewaitlist #howtopayforcollege #howtostudyforsat/acttest #istestoptionalpermanent #payingforcollege #sattestoptional #sattestprep #satacttestprep #springsemesteracceptance #studyforact #studyforsat #tenthgrade #waitlist 4th of July; Independence; Freedom 529 Plan apply to college with confidence Best Colleges campus life in 2021 Campus visits career college college admissions for homeschool students college admissions in 2021 college application essay college costs