April 30 & May 1 I was in Philadelphia for the Spring Convention of the National College Advocacy Group (www.ncagonline.org). NCAG is a non-profit and membership is open to both professional planners like me, and to families who want help with the college process.Tuesday eight of us were given a private tour of LaSalle University and Haverford College. We had several hours at each school with the Director of Admissions and of Financial Aid. It was enlightening and reassuring. Those administrators impressed me as being sincere and truly interested in a positive outcome for every student. Bottom line -- college is expensive now, and costs are going to increase annually. Schools are making greater amounts of financial aid available to help families. Never has college selection (from our side of the equation) -- student selection (from the school's point of view) been more important. We all have at least one objective in common -- gettting the student into a college where he/she will be happy socially, and successful academically. Read more
- Home Schooling and College Admissions
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- High School Seniors Win $14million in Scholarships -- true or false?
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 4
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 3
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 2
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing for admissions and financial aid?
- Four-Year Myth -- What You Can Do Now
- The Four-Year Myth -- why are students not graduating in 4 years?
- On-Time Graduation is Not Optional
- 4th of July; Independence; Freedom 529 Plan Best Colleges Campus visits career college college application essay college planning college planning company college planning lake norman college planning strategies college scholarships colleges Cost of College Cost of College; College Affordability; essay writing Financial Aid Financial planning Generation Z heading to college high school juniors how to choose a college how to choose a major how to pay cash for college how to pay for bachelor's degree how to pay for college how to prepare for college jobs money for college online college consultants paying for college preparing for college prepping for college rankings Save for college scholarships for college Study Skills what to do as a high school junior