April 30 & May 1 I was in Philadelphia for the Spring Convention of the National College Advocacy Group (www.ncagonline.org). NCAG is a non-profit and membership is open to both professional planners like me, and to families who want help with the college process.Tuesday eight of us were given a private tour of LaSalle University and Haverford College. We had several hours at each school with the Director of Admissions and of Financial Aid. It was enlightening and reassuring. Those administrators impressed me as being sincere and truly interested in a positive outcome for every student. Bottom line -- college is expensive now, and costs are going to increase annually. Schools are making greater amounts of financial aid available to help families. Never has college selection (from our side of the equation) -- student selection (from the school's point of view) been more important. We all have at least one objective in common -- gettting the student into a college where he/she will be happy socially, and successful academically. Read more
- Why do colleges "Wait List" some students and what to do if you're on the wait list
- Is There a Scholarship Awarded With Your Letter of Acceptance?
- Is Test Optional Permanent?
- Is Community College a good option after high school?
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Part 2
- Home Schooling and College Admissions
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- High School Seniors Win $14million in Scholarships -- true or false?
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 4
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 3
- #acttestoptional #acttestprep #collegeplanning #collegeplanning #sat/acttest #sat/acttesting #collegeplanninglkn #collegescholarships #collegewaitlist #communitycollege #financialaid #financialaidoffer #howtohandlecollegewaitlist #howtopayforcollege #howtostudyforsat/acttest #istestoptionalpermanent #payingforcollege #sattestoptional #sattestprep #satacttestprep #studyforact #studyforsat #waitlist 4th of July; Independence; Freedom 529 Plan apply to college with confidence Best Colleges Campus visits career college college admissions for homeschool students college application essay college of choice college planning college planning company college planning lake norman college planning strategies college scholarships collegeacceptanceletter colleges Cost of College Cost of College; College Affordability; essay writing