Celebrating 238 years as an independent, free nation, and at least 500 years of God's providence and grace over this piece of planet Earth, I awoke this morning with my mind in turmoil about where we, as a nation, are headed. Then I stopped to pray.My moments alone with God changed my entire outlook. Here are my thoughts: In 2008 President Obama declared his intention to "fundamentally transform" USA. Since 2008 he has successfully made America's public life more socialist
more culturally disparate
more racially fragmented
more a nation of political brute-force
less guided by the rule of law
less of a superpower
less secure at the borders . . .
And that is where the Lord broke through to show me something. I was reading about my sister-in-Christ Nicole Rim. She is of Cambodian extraction and serves Christ among the third largest population of Cambodians in the world in Lynn, MA. Nicole wrote, "Because Buddhism is so deeply ingrained in the Cambodian culture . . . it's not just rituals. It's actually their worldview. . . . To be Cambodian is to be Buddhist." The Lord took my thoughts to the hundreds of thousands of people the Obama administration is pulling across the border. Who are they, and what is their worldview? They are predominantly native Americans, steeped in 500 years of Roman Catholicism. To be Latin American is to be Roman Catholic. What does that mean for President Obama's ultimate goal to fundamentally transform the USA? They consider the Pope's authority greater than his authority
They are Pro-Life/anti-abortion
They know of only one type of marriage: one man to one woman
They believe in traditional family life more than in a political nation-state
They believe in individual property rights
They believe that "might is right"
They believe Read more
- Why do colleges "Wait List" some students and what to do if you're on the wait list
- Is There a Scholarship Awarded With Your Letter of Acceptance?
- Is Test Optional Permanent?
- Is Community College a good option after high school?
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Part 2
- Home Schooling and College Admissions
- The Future of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- High School Seniors Win $14million in Scholarships -- true or false?
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 4
- 11th Grade, heading to college -- What should I be doing? Part 3
- #acttestoptional #acttestprep #collegeplanning #collegeplanning #sat/acttest #sat/acttesting #collegeplanninglkn #collegescholarships #collegewaitlist #communitycollege #financialaid #financialaidoffer #howtohandlecollegewaitlist #howtopayforcollege #howtostudyforsat/acttest #istestoptionalpermanent #payingforcollege #sattestoptional #sattestprep #satacttestprep #studyforact #studyforsat #waitlist 4th of July; Independence; Freedom 529 Plan apply to college with confidence Best Colleges Campus visits career college college admissions for homeschool students college application essay college of choice college planning college planning company college planning lake norman college planning strategies college scholarships collegeacceptanceletter colleges Cost of College Cost of College; College Affordability; essay writing